Wednesday, August 6, 2008

ROCK THE BELLS!


it was my first one, so I was a little amped. HOWEVER, having been to Great Adventure the day before didn't exactly help me from the sleepies. It was a 7 hour show, man. Not that I'm complaining, I mean, we got our money's worth, but THAT IS LONG!

ran into R and C, J from college, and New Jersey Brian (who has a more committed write-up on the day at his blog.)

the folks who were on the main stage, and their special guests:
  • De La Soul at 4pm, pardon? (with Dres from Black Sheep, Biz Markie, Q-Tip
  • Pharcyde (while great energy-wise, it proved difficult to follow De La.)
  • Raekwon and Ghostface (I had to buy an $8 cheeseburger at this point.)
  • Mos Def all singing about "oooh oooh Brooklyn, I luuuuuuuhvvvvs you." Then with TALIB (GOVOLTRONnn...erm Black Star!) and another cameo by Pharoahe Monch
  • Redman and Method Man who were amazing and funny on stage (with DJ Kool go-go, Slick Rick, EPMD, and Keith Murray)
  • NAS (with HOVAAAAA! --- who I didn't recognize with all that hair.)
  • Then a Q-Tip set with Mos Def's crazy 90s shorts helping him out. and finally...
  • A Tribe Called Quest!!!! But we had to leave before Busta came out....I just heard all about it later. Kinda sad, but them's the breaks when you live in Jersey.

    And NJBrian's story about the girl asking if Supernatural was Mos Def is true. Man. Let's compare:
    to

    So, either that dumb ass lady spent $238102983019283 just because she could, or the more likely.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment